Sometimes things can be procured worse when an app update comes either on its functionality or its user interface, we are talking about the multimedia messaging app Snapchat. Initially you need to accept the fact that its developers are not going to reverse it back, since the old one already gone according to them, may be expect a better interface in the next update.
Primary intention of this Snapchat update is money, that is what they are looking forward to, and definitely users may not like more advertisements, that is one of the reason why the number of Snapchat users hiked downwards after the update. Anyway here we are letting you all know to reverse Snapchat update to an older version which many of you are interested.
What all you need to downgrade Snapchat ?
Note:-* Here is the tutorial to downgrade Snapchat to an older version on your iPhone. For Android users we will come up with one lately.
- iPhone running iOS 10 or 11(Need to be jailbroken, You can use Electra jailbreak if it is yet to be done)
- To avail the Snapchat downgrade functionality you would have either App Admin or Appstore++ installed.
- App Admin or Appstore++ (From Cydia)
- Apps Manager & Filza (Sorce link is given below)
Make Your iPhone Ready To Downgrade
- First of all delete the Snapchat app from your iOS device to come up with a fresh installation. This is to ensure all the things being done smoothly without any errors.
- Install the latest version of Spanchap app.
- Sign in with your Snapchat account credentials.
- Download and install App Admin or Appstore++.
Whats Next ?, You Need To Backup All Your Snapchat Data
*Hope you have jailbroken your iPhone and Cydia is there.
- Add the repo given below and install the app named Apps Manager from that source. Using this you are able to restore your Snapchat app data.
- Once Apps Manager is being installed, it will be on your home. Open it up and choose Snapchat from the list. Backup Snapchat data.
Downgrade Snapchat [How To]
- Remove the installed version of Snapchat from your device.
- We tried with App Store app in this tutorial, search Snapchat in App Store.
- Tap on the Cloud icon and click on the downgrade button.
- There will be a list displayed on the screen with the title “Known Versions”
- Choose the version numbered 10.22.2 (824446511) from the list. Wait to get it installed.
- That’s all being done regarding the Snapchat older version downgrade process. Follow quite a few things below to sort out all the things to work Snapchat properly.
- Open up Apps Manager again.
- Choose Snapchat from the list.
- Click on the “Restore” button and select the backup that you have taken a few mins before.
- Go to the repo again which we mentioned above and install Filza file manager app.
- Navigate to the address which we have given below.
- Delete the file named scheduledlenses.plist from the list.
- Go to App Store app again and long press on the Snapchat app and click on “Block All Updates”. This will put a stop to the latest version of Snapchat.
Wait! I’m stuck with these below.
App getting crashed repeatedly = Try enabling Airplane mode.
“Could not refresh” message =Download NoSubstitute and put Substitute out of action for Snapchat.
If the above does not work for you. Below video may help.
Hope this tutorial for downgrading Snapchat to an older version helps you. If you stuck while downgrading, comment below regarding the error. We can probably help you.