Quite a few users have been reporting that they are getting an error “http-win.cpp:160” while using Cydia Impactor on Windows, most of them were trying to jailbreak their iOS device using Electra jailbreak, but that does not mean that it is an error associated with Electra, its totally because of Cydia Impactor. Usually this error pops up when any of the Apple servers linked with the impactor tool shuts down either for maintenance or probably closed for ever.
The current situation is this idmsa.apple.com Apple server has been down. Users had faced the same condition earlier while dealing with Cydia Impactor. But Saurik came up with an updated version to fix it out. We are not sure that the same will happen again since Saurik is offline for a while. Any we are hoping that he will fix it soon, meanwhile we are detailing some ways to keep away from getting http-win.cpp:160 (Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with the given CA certificates).
How To Fix http-win.cpp:160 Error With Cydia Impactor on Windows ?
- Update:-* It is also been reported that the older version of Cydia Impactor will fix the issue, that is 0.9.43. But we did not test it yet, if you want to download, get it from the link given below, And keep in mind that older version may pop up other errors which cleared in the 0.9.44 update.
- Like we mentioned, this happens when Apple servers are down. Sometimes your antivirus will be a possible cause of it since it might block those Apple servers, we request you to try again after disabling it.
- Firewall may also a possible cause, but lesser. Anyway give a try by disabling it.
- If you have a MAC PC along with your Windows one, Switch over to it since the error “http-win.cpp:160” is not getting popped on for MAC users. You can also try installing MAC virtually on your windows PC and try the same.
- All of the above steps fails ?. We prefer to go with Cydia Impactor alternatives, we have listed a couple of them below.
Sideload.me – Its a satisfying alternative for Cydia Impactor. But you need to be a premium customer to enjoy the sideloading feature which the Cydia Impactor delivers for free.
Ext3nder Installer – You need to have a jailbroken device running on iOS 11or above to install this app since it is available in Cydia only.
Note:-* If you are getting the error “http-win.cpp:160” when you are trying to jailbreak using Electra, you are a bit unlucky because the free Cydia Impactor Alternative “Ext3nder Installer” will not be suited for you.
Comment below if you got any additional fix we not mentioned for the http-win.cpp:160 Cydia Impactor error, it will be a great help for our readers.