You might be noticed that there is an upgrade notification in Cydia once you performed jailbreak using the tool Electra. But sometimes when you try to open Cydia, it is getting crashed with out any error message or getting disappeared. Its an indication that you should update Cydia with some additional packages. Before heading into the details, we are letting you all know why these are happening with Cydia. Its been more than 10 years now since the jailbreak community tagged with the name Cydia and not faced anything like this with a lot of jailbreak tools.
Yes, we are talking about the sign of a big change in the jailbreak community, Cydia is getting alternated by another package managed named Sileo from the developers of Electra jailbreak tool. It is almost on the door and they are making your device prepared with those updates.
First of all we are helping those who need to update Cydia and they are not getting Cydia crashed. Its can easily be done via a tweak named “Cydia Update Helper”. And if you are not going to use the upcoming package manager Sileo, better leave those updates as ignored.
How To ?
- Open Cydia.
- Ignore update notifications.
- Search for “Cydia Update Helper”.
- Install it on your device, please note that there will not be any image icon for Cydia Update Helper, just a blank one.
- Open Cydia Update Helper and click on “Update Cydia”.
- Wait a little bit, you can now exit from it.
- Uninstall Cydia Update Helper.
For those who are getting Cydia crashed after jailbreaking your iOS device, you need to manually install those updates for Cydia. Below we detailed the step by step procedure to fix your broken Cydia.
How To Fix Broken Cydia After Being Jailbroken Using Electra ?
- Download the Cydia update package manually from the link given below.
You need to have a file manager to perform next step. We prefer Filza. If you are not yet installed it, download it from the link given below and install it using Cydia Impactor 0.9.44.
- Click on the downloaded Cydia update package and then click on Open->More->Copy to Fliza.
- Open that package and choose install. Fliza might come up with an error “Filza command not found”. In those situation, copy and paste the commands given below and tap on the press button.
dpkg -i cydia-upgrade-helper_1.1-1_iphoneos-arm.deb
- The Cydia Update Helper which you have to install via Cydia itself will be appeared on your home screen. Follow the steps at the beginning to install it on your iOS device.
- That’s all. Cydia is being updated and ready to use.
Hope it fixes your issue regarding Cydia generated after using Electra Jailbreak. If you have any queries regarding this, feel free to comment below, we can help you at the earliest as possible. Stay tuned for more.